KMC JSC has signed a contract with the Contracting Authority: State Enterprise “National Railway Infrastructure Company” for the execution of a public procurement procedure with subject: “Preparation of a master plan, design and modernization of the traction substation Boychinovtsi with construction of a SCADA telecontrol and tele-signalling system and warranty service and maintenance for a period of 10 years”.
The total value of the project under the contract is BGN 21 308 397,16 including VAT. The project is financed by the Operational Programme on Transport and Transport Infrastructure (OPTTI).
The execution of the project shall include the preparation of project documentation, complete reconstruction of the existing Boychinovtsi Traction Substation, as well as 10 (ten) year maintenance.
Modern and reliable equipment of the leading manufacturers will be used for the reconstruction of the substation.
The completion of the modernization of Boychinovtsi Traction Substation will allow to:
- Provide a reliable power supply;
- Achieve operational efficiency in case of switching and sectioning of the traction network in the section;
- Reduce train delays due to power supply failures in the section;
- Achieve interoperability;
- Achieve energy efficiency;
- Make the replacement of the oil filled facility;
- Ensure full monitoring of the position of the equipment and the values of the electrical parameters in the section;
- Eliminate the necessity of a full time operational staff after the installation of the telecontrol and tele-signalling system /SCADA/;
- Provide Warranty maintenance and service for a period of 10 (ten) years.
A complete telecontrol and tele-signalling system for the TS Boychinovtsi will be installed based on the SICAM traction substation control system. The SICAM system is equipped with the features of a modern telemetering, telecontrol and telealarm system such as: alarms, chronological list of events, signalling, trends, automatic colouring, archives, etc.
The control and protection concept is based on digital protective relays belonging to the Siprotec 5 product family and the Sicam A8000 RTU automation system.
The Siprotec 5 devices will be used to perform protection functions, to control and monitor the switchgear elements in the traction substation.
KMC JSC has proven to be a reliable partner in the implementation of strategic projects on the territory of the Republic of Bulgaria.